Women in Information and Communication (WIC) is a Canberra based not-for-profit organisation bringing people together to champion women in Information and Communication. Our vision is to be the premier organisation for women in Information and Communication in Canberra. As part of this vision, WIC has set up the WIC Annual Student Encouragement Award.
Each year, WIC makes an award to successful young women to help them engage with their tertiary studies in Information, Communications and Technology. This takes the form of a $1500 scholarship, and a ticket to the WIC dinner and debate where they will receive the award. This event will be held 27 Sep 2018 at Hotel Realm.
The WIC Student Encourangement Award is available to young women who:
- are finishing year 12;
- have been undertaking studies in Information, Communications and Technology (ICT) or ICT related subjects; and
- are intending to continue studying ICT or related disciplines at a University or other tertiary organisation (eg Canberra Institute of Technology).
This year we are extending the award to teams of young women who intend to compete at national level STEM events but may not fall within the above criteria.
Please contact WIC directly if there are any questions relating to this category of eligibility.
The criteria to be followed in a nomination for this award are:
- full name, age and school of student(s);
- nomination and support by the student’s school or place of current study;
- the student(s) will have done well in ICT-related subjects over the last 2 years of study;
- the student(s) demonstrates good citizenship within or outside of the education environment; and,
- the student(s) intend to undertake further study in ICT-related disciplines.
If you meet the criteria, or you know someone who does, send your nomination to email@example.com
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.