In 2018, the Australian Information Industry Association (AIIA) is celebrating 25 years of their iAwards program – Australia’s premier innovation awards program. The iAwards is a fantastic opportunity for students and young innovators to share their projects, while building networks and confidence. We know there are many great Canberra-based innovations, and we are keen to ensure that our local student ideas are recognised and celebrated.
Entrants have the unique opportunity to be profiled to industry and government throughout the entire competition. Those that progress from the State iAwards rounds advance to the National iAwards, and then have the opportunity to compete internationally at the Asia Pacific ICT Alliance (APICTA) Awards.
Student iAwards Categories
There are three Student iAwards categories; the Junior Students category, Senior Students category and Undergraduate Tertiary Students category. These categories are open to students attending schools, universities, TAFE, and other relevant tertiary courses run by Registered Training Organisations (RTOs). Postgraduate tertiary students should nominate in the main iAwards organisation categories.
- Student entries are free!
- Publicity and media exposure
- State and/or National iAwards trophies, or Merit certificates
- Feedback from industry expert judges – online (State) and in-person (National)
- Access to business mentoring workshops
- Networking and partnership opportunities
- Facilitated meetings with key individuals and potential investors
- Eligibility for the APICTA Awards
Entries for student applications close 3 April 2018.
iAwards 2018 promotional video – http://bit.ly/2BryHqF.
You can contact the iAwards team directly on 1300 665 145 or email@example.com for assistance with your application.