The conference has been approved for 10 TQI hours of Accredited Professional Learning.
We are thrilled to be working once again with the Australian Computer Society (Canberra Branch) to bring you the joint InTEACT / ACS Conference on Tuesday 15th and Wednesday 16th August, 2017.
A special thank you also to the Academy of Interactive Entertainment, who are providing us with support through provision of a venue for our workshops on Wednesday.
The 2017 Conference theme is Artificial Intelligence and the Future of Work, and InTEACT has invited speakers from across the country to deliver a series of educational presentations and workshops to meet the professional learning needs of teachers. Speakers in the ICT Education stream include:
- Martin Levins, President, Australian Council for Computers in Education
- James Curran, Associate Professor, University of Sydney
- Tony Oakden, Teacher, Academy of Interactive Entertainment
- A panel of Cyber-Security experts
- Students from Gungahlin College
In addition to the conference sessions on the Tuesday, InTEACT will also be offering places at a selection of workshops on Wednesday 16th August. Each workshop will be 3 hours long, and participants will be able to attend two of the workshops on offer. These workshops include:
- Using AI in games through Unity – Tony Oakden
- Developing simple AI algorithms – Tony Oakden
- Using the Australian Computing Academy Challenges in your classroom – James Curran
- The CSER Digital Technologies MOOC and related programs – Toni Falusi
- Easing into Arduino – Joel Cowey
- Questacon: Picture Happiness on Earth – Doug Newton-Walters
- Everyone Can Code: Swift Playgrounds – Apple
To register for the conference, visit our EventBrite registration page at https://inteact2017.eventbrite.com.au/. The event is also open to non-member teachers, so feel free to share the link to other teachers in your network – and consider encouraging them to join the association!
Institutional members and financial members of InTEACT will be receiving a discount code via email they can use to reduce the price of the conference further, so if you haven’t paid your membership yet, make sure you renew to take advantage of the discount!