The Australian Computing Academy is offering a free Professional Development workshop to all teachers exploring the Australian Curriculum: Digital Technologies.
The workshop is being held on Friday 19th and Saturday 20th May. Registrations are now open and are capped at 60 places. Places are available on a first-come first-served basis, and are open to all teachers from schools in ACT and the surrounding areas of NSW, InTEACT members or otherwise.
The workshop will include:
- Exploration of the underlying concepts of the Australian Curriculum: Digital Technologies, and the role they play in the learning of students generally
- Case studies showcasing existing practice, and school-wide scope & sequence, incorporating ACA resources
- Hands on experiences with free, classroom-ready resources that target the Digital Technologies curriculum
- Introduction to various programming tools available, including visual and text-based programming, and object-oriented approaches.
- Deep dive into Blockly and Python programming, covering coding aspects of years 5-6 and 7-8 curriculum, focusing on defining and decomposing real-world problems, designing algorithms and implementing programs.
Don’t delay – register now for this fantastic two-day professional learning event!